Joomla! 4 is not intended to provide a massive ground up refactor of Joomla! but intended to give us large functionality improvements with limited backward compatibility breaks.
Primary New Features Introduced to Joomla! 4.0.
- New core UI based on Bootstrap 4
- Use of more Joomla! Framework packages
- Refactored event management system
- Introduction of a service container for global dependency management/injection
- Removal of jQuery from core
- Introduction of Framework agnostic Web Components
- Faster page loading times
Development Features in Joomla! 4.0.
- MVC layer Improvements
- Full code namespacing
- User Interface:
- New Media Manager
- Framework 2.0
Joomla Framework 2.0 Main Features
- New Renderer package providing support for rendering templates with many popular PHP libraries (including Twig, Mustache, and Blade)
- New Console package for building command line applications
- Refactored Cache package providing support for both the PSR-6 and PSR-16 caching interfaces
- Refactored Dependency Injection package, including support for the PSR-11 container interface
- Refactored HTTP package providing support for PSR-7 Requests and Responses
- Refactored Router package
- Refactored Session package
JOOMLA 4.0 BACKEND PREVIEW
We've downloaded and installed the latest Joomla 4.0 Nightly Builds from Joomla Developer. You can take a sneak peek of Joomla 4.0 backend here (click on each image to view the large version).
Admin Control Panel
Create New Article
Left Sidebar Menu