According to the development strategy and new minor version release, Joomla 3.9 will be release earlier than the schedule.
Privacy tools that will be added into Joomla 3.9:
- Provide an API for extension developers so they can report the data they collect and this info can be displayed in the new com_privacy extension (Core API Project Board)
- Gain the consent of the registered users (form plugin), track their consent, log their activities, and take care about the consent retention time (Consent Project Board)
- Facilitate your workflow related to your user requests (Information Requests Project Board):
- Make it easier to the users to submit information requests
- Track the status of the users requests
- Let the user access and download their data.
You can find more information about these tools in the Privacy Framework repository.
Besides, due to the GDPR, a minor version - Joomla 3.10 will be released alongside with Joomla 4.0. This minor release will include backports of API changes from the Joomla 4.0 development branch to help ease the transition to the next major release for the community.
Test Joomla 3.9 Nightly Build
Test Joomla 4.0 Nightly Build
Note: SmartAddons' Joomla templates can work with this latest Joomla release. You can update them to Joomla 3.8 and follow this article for Fix Bugs, Errors When Update Sj Templates to Joomla 3.8 for bugs fixing or contact us here, we will help you.