Similar to Joomla 4 Alpha 10, Joomla 4 Alpha 11 includes most of the Joomla Core library changes that will be included with version 4.0.0. Some of these changes will require small changes to extensions. SmartAddons makes sure to upgrade all our products to the latest Joomla release. You can find our Joomla 4 templates and Joomla 4 extensions for Joomla as soon as the 4 is released.
You can try this alpha version to explore the new features on your demo site, but not your current business site.
What’s new in Joomla 4?
- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye. An easier, faster and more user friendly install process
- Brand new User Interfaces (backend and frontend) to provide a new and improved experience
- The web is for all. We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1)
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager with a cleaner User Interface and new image editing capabilities
- A new Publishing Workflow to manage your articles in an advanced and customisable way
- Web Services to allow you to make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation
- New security features such as support for prepared SQL statements
- HTML Mail Templates to allow easy customisation of the emails your site sends
- An improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI)
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase. With the removal of deprecated functions from Joomla 3.x and the use of PHP namespaces that allows developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS
- An enhanced event dispatching system
- And much more!
Follow up all of the news of Joomla 4:
- Here is our list of Joomla 4 extensions
- The difference between the Joomla 3 and Joomla 4
- The new features of Joomla 4
- Here is all related news about Joomla 4
To use this big version, you need to make sure your Joomla site is ready for the latest 3.x version. Please follow this article for Joomla Templates Updated for latest Joomla 3.9 templates.