Joomla 4 Alpha 9 contains most of the Joomla Core library changes that will be included with version 4.0.0. Some of these changes will require small changes to extensions. SmartAddons makes sure to upgrade all our products to the latest Joomla release. You can find our Joomla 4 templates and Joomla 4 extensions for Joomla as soon as the 4 is released.
You can try this alpha version to explore the new features on your demo site, but not your current business site.
What’s new in Joomla 4?
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase. With the removal of deprecated functions from Joomla 3.x and the use of PHP namespaces that allows developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before
- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye. An easier, faster and more user friendly install process
- Brand new User Interfaces (backend and frontend) to provide a new and improved experience
- The web is for all. We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1)
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager with a cleaner User Interface and new image editing capabilities
- A new Publishing Workflow to manage your articles in an advanced and customisable way
- New security features such as support for prepared SQL statements
- Web Services to allow you to make your content accessible to other websites
- An enhanced event dispatching system
- Reworked Application for Command Line Interface (CLI)
- And much more!
Follow up all of the news of Joomla 4:
- Here is our list of extensions ready for Joomla 4 >> Click HERE
- To know the difference between the Joomla 3 and 4, read this article
- To know the new features of Joomla 4 >> Read this article
- Here is all related news about Joomla 4 >> Click Here
To use this big version, you need to make sure your Joomla site is ready for the latest 3.x version. Please follow this article for Fix Bugs, Errors When Update Sj Templates to Joomla 3.8 for bugs fixing or contact us here, we will help you.