Highlight Differences between Beta 4 and Beta 3
- Various bug fixes around the functionality of the CSP Plugin
- Improved our icomoon to fontawesome mapping (shoutout to Hans Kuijpers and Troy Hall for their continued teamwork on this)
- Added some code to handle nested templates as a preparatory step for future Joomla 4.x releases
- Added back the custom_data field to the extensions table (as a direct result of developer feedback)
- Increased test coverage of the API
- Over 100 bugs squashed!
Please remember that BETA release should only be used on test sites. Do not use it for your live site.
Joomla 3.10 Alpha 2
Along with Joomla 4 Beta 4, the second alpha version of Joomla 3.10 also is carried out.
Joomla 3.10 is the bridge between Joomla 4 and Joomla 3.x. Joomla 3.10 stable will primarily be a release containing backports of API changes from the Joomla 4.0 development branch to help ease the transition to the next major release for the community. Joomla 3.10 will be supported for 2 years after it has been finally released. A new feature is introduced in Joomla 3.10 is the Joomla Update component to help you with your mini-migration process: the Pre-Update Checker.
Once your website is updated to 3.10, the pre-update checker will allow you to check the compatibility with the Joomla 4.0 minimum requirements in terms of the current hosting environment and, more importantly, your installed extensions. This will help you migrate to Joomla 4.0 smoothly.
Follow up all of the news of Joomla 4:
- Joomla 4 Templates
- Joomla 4 extensions
- Differences Between the Joomla 3 and Joomla 4
- Joomla 4 New Features
- Joomla 4 News
To use this big version, you need to make sure your Joomla site is ready for the latest 3.x version. Please follow this article for latest Joomla 3.9.20 Templates.